Adoption Update: Our Home Visit

On Friday (our 52-month anniversary by the way), we had our home visit. We had spent the entire morning cleaning, straightening, and making our house look as good as possible. It had been raining most of the week, so we couldn't mow the lawn, but Todd told me to just not worry about it. I had read someone's blog that said they served dinner to their agent, so I didn't know if we were supposed to serve him food or not. So, we went out and bought a cake (I didn't really want to make one because I didn't want to get the kitchen messy). We bought some fresh gerbera daisies the night before and we lit candles right before he got there. It was pretty obvious that we were trying hard.

Sam, our agent, got to our house around 2pm. I thought that he would look around first, and then we would sit down, eat some cake, and he would ask us more questions. But he asked us the questions first, so I didn't have a chance to casually pull out the cake, oh well. He just asked us about our house (fire alarms, guard rail on stairs, the age of the house, etc). Then he asked lots of questions about the "neighborhood." He asked us how far the closest hospital, park, school, fire station, and grocery store was. He also asked us about our neighbors and how we felt living on a busy road.

After the questions, he looked around and just commented on how nice the house was (I told Todd that I was glad our agent was a man…). Luckily, it had been pretty chilly and windy so he didn't really look outside!

Overall, he was there about an hour. I thought it would be more like three hours. It went well and I think he liked our home. He said that it would be a couple weeks until the home study is written up and the final approval is finished. In the meantime, we will work on the website thing, whatever that is. After the final approval, we just wait…

Comments

  1. Mmmmm. That cake was so good. So glad we didn't share any with Sam ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to comment on your own blog! So funny! Congrats with another thing checked off the list. Did you take pictures of your house in perfection mode? I need pictures come on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Waiting is the hardest part of anything, I think...

    I'm glad that cake was good!
    And I have to agree, that you should take a picture of house in perfection....after the baby comes, those days are rare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the waiting process. I hope it doesn't take long for you guys. BTW I loved the collage!! There is one picture that is a classic Todd face. I laughed so hard when I saw it because it reminded me of several picture I have from HS with that same face! ha ha. Wish you the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love to keep pulling up this blog and looking at your pictures on the collage! You two are soooo cute! Wow who's you parents? 'Course I can only take credit for 1/2 of this good looking and fun couple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts