A Heartfelt Plea

Some of you may choose to read your favorite blogs with the help of an RSS Reader so that you don't need to visit 20 different sites to keep up to date with news of friends and family. That's understandable. I choose to go to each site because I enjoy the visual aspect of blogs as much as (if not more than) the information portion. Hence, I put a lot of effort into the overall design of our blogs. And, as I've said before, this one has a major redesign on the way (so major that it's taking much longer than I had anticipated).

With this in mind, I have a sincere favor to ask of each of you: Please, please, please, please, please, please, ditch Internet Explorer as your default browser. And, if you're still using Internet Explorer 6, add another 12 pleases to that request. I just looked at our blog with IE6, and margins were incorrect, pictures were not rendering, and the general feel was so much more amateur than it really is. There are a lot of technical reasons for this, but when it comes to web design standards, IE6 just didn't get the memo.

So, please... To get the most out of our site (and the entire internet, for crying out loud), consider a free browser upgrade. Might I recommend Firefox? But, if you are married to Bill Gates and Microsoft's monopoly, at least upgrade to IE7. It's free too.

Pretty please?

Comments

  1. Nice!! I promise that I won't use Internet Explorer. You have my word. (And probably Seth's too....we are Safari and Firefox people.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I knew I could count on the two of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts