Please Don't Eat on Our Behalf

It's been almost a year since we asked our friends and families to join with us in a special fast for our adoption. Just five or six weeks after that fast our agent called to inform us we were finalists for a baby boy in Maryland. That chance didn't turn out, but we forged ahead and in November we were chosen by another birthmother.

It's hard to believe, but it's been just over five months since our O'Neill Miracle. At the end of our ropes, we called on friends and family to fast for us again. This time, for a miracle. That miracle was granted as the love of God engulfed us while we dealt with that birthmother's decision to not relinquish custody of her newborn.

It's difficult for us to ask again. All of you have things you and your families are in need of. We know that many of you pray for us every night. Some of you fast for us every month (We don't even fast for us every month). But this morning I felt impressed that it's time for another fast dedicated to finding our children. So, it's time to swallow my we-have-this-under-control-we-can-do-this-alone-pride and ask for your help.

So, if you can, please join with us in "fasting and mighty prayer" this weekend. We believe in the real power of fasting, especially when groups of people combine their efforts. We can't force the Lord to do anything He doesn't want to do, but we can show him just how badly we want this blessing by exercising our faith in Him. Spread the word. Thanks!

Go to the board!

Comments

  1. I will be honored to fast to help you find your children. I can't think of two people who would make better parents than the two of you! Any time you need anything from me just let me know....I love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count in the Skinners. We've got your back. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tood,

    I'll definitely include you in my fast this weekend.

    Dr. Holland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke,

    I'll join your parents in fasting for you and your children. I know they're out there and they need you!

    love & friendship,
    Carolyn Arnold

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts