Mole Update: Score Another One for the Home Team

We haven't had much luck lately with our ongoing battle with the burrowing pests in our yard, but today we had a breakthrough. We saw that a trap had been tripped while we were at church today. I dug all around it and, after no short period of deliberation, lifted the loose turf, the trap, and the mole, all at once. I could see the back half of the little vermin, kicking at the dirt clods around him, but unable to escape, and for good reason. I learned today that the particular trap we have is referred to as a harpoon trap. I coerced Brookie to come have a look, and she took a brief one, before returning to her spot at the window, to continue watching through the blinds.

I had to put it out of it's misery, of course. I knocked the dirt loose from the trap, but the mole stayed put. It wasn't very big at all. If you have a weak stomach, you probably should not click here and here for pictures of an actual mole kabob. There. You've been warned. When I was finally able to shake it loose, I employed a large rock and some simple laws of physics (specifically, gravity) to dispose of the beast.

Comments

  1. that poor little mole! how sad! i love reading your blob by the way! i am glad you guys keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts