September Celebrations

I think this has been this post title for the past three years. September is always a month of celebrations...Todd's birthday, Savannah's Court Day, Savannah's Sealing Day, and my (Brooke) birthday.

Todd wanted a cereal party for his birthday this year. It was an awesome idea; he LOVES cereal! Family and friends joined us for a morning of cereal fun and games. Everyone brought some cereal to share for our cereal bar. Then we had some games: how many cocoa puffs in the jar, which one is really cheerios, a cereal quiz, and, of course, a cereal eating contest. We finished off the party with a rice krispy treats cake! I gave Todd a giant bowl for the party, and he ate a lot of cereal, needless to say. On Todd's actual birthday, we made him some pizza lasagna (pizza is his other favorite food), and then took a cake over to the church to surprise him at scouts. And, of course, the young men were all too happy to help him eat the cake! On Friday we went out for his birthday to a Chicago-style pizza place.

For our court day, September 13th, we always eat at Olive Garden for lunch, as this is what we did the day Savannah's adoption was legally finalized.

So, my birthday was a lot harder to decide what to do. I don't have favorites. I just don't. I have a lot of things I like, but very few favorites. So getting me to nail down what I wanted to do, eat, etc, was difficult. I blame it on this over-obsessive people-pleasing monster within me. What sounds good to you? Okay, that sounds good to me...  But I do love chinese food (although manicotti is good, oh and I do love a good chimichanga, but what about a nice juicy burger...you see my dilemma). On my actual birthday, Savannah and I went to Wheeler Farm. For dinner, Todd made me the world's best orange beef, lo mein, and cilantro rice. Yum! And a raspberry cream pie (same for desserts, no favorites...I love raspberry and chocolate anything, but I also love love pumpkin anything, and lemon flavored stuff is good). Later, after Savannah was in bed, Todd gave me a pedicure! That was one thing I really wanted, as my feet were screaming for some moisture with this desert dryness. So, he gave me a pedicure and I watched a Doris Day movie...so fun!

These showed up during dinner! My Daddy loves me!
That Friday we went down to Provo to Los Hermanos. I can't say the food is much better than any other mexican place, but it is so sentimental. When I was a little girl, and we lived in Provo, my mom would take me there. So it was all about the charm. And we made an excuse since we were down there to drop by the BYU bookstore to get some new Cougar gear.

On Saturday, Todd treated me to an adventure. That is something I love. I love going places. We drove up American Fork Canyon to a place called Cascade Springs. It was gorgeous, the trees were just changing. Then we said a quick prayer that we would be able to make it over the mountains into Heber/Midway as our gas light had come on. We did make it, and the first stop was a gas station. Then we went to a cute creamery, where they make their own cheese, ice cream, fudge, etc. We got some cheese and crackers and enjoyed our snack. Then we drove into Heber to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum. That is something else I favor: old things, history, and family history, especially. After leaving that quaint valley (I think I could live there; it is so gorgeous and green, and just charming...but so far away from work and civilization really...we would probably get bored eventually). We drove out Provo Canyon way and stopped by Bridal Veil Falls, which was also a walk down memory lane. We took our engagement photos there...It was the best day! On Sunday some friends and family came for some lemon meringue cupcakes. Todd spoils me, I know.

Here we are 9 1/2ish years earlier on the same bridge...awwww.....
 
On September 25, we recognized the day Savannah was sealed to us, by taking a little trip up to the temple. It was pretty cold; so we stayed just long enough to walk around and take a picture. Then the month ended with a round of snow...


Comments

Popular Posts