Nursery

So I have always wanted to serve in the nursery. And when we got to this ward I was praying for a calling. Just a few weeks later, a member of the Bishopric called me in to extend a calling for what he said "probably wasn't in every ward." They called me to be a nursery coordinator. There are three full nursery classes in our ward. And with 100+ kids in primary, the primary presidency can't get to each of the nursery classes to make sure teachers are there, etc. So one other sister and I take care of the three nurseries. We unlock cabinets, get toys out, find subs if needed, help with copies, and basically just make sure everything runs smooth. Two fun projects have been putting together little birthday kits to deliver to the kids on their birthdays, and making picture posters. The picture posters really help, especially with so many kids and new coming all the time.

It is a perfect calling for me, as Todd pointed out, because I get to be with the kids, and also can fulfill my obsessive need to bring order to chaos!

Comments

  1. I love that you have always wanted to serve in nursery. And wow, that sounds like a crazy young ward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts