What We Did This Weekend: Valentine's

On Saturday, we kicked off our Valentine's weekend by getting the house ready for another open house. Then we headed to Lee's Summit so I could attend a Leadership Training meeting. Todd and Savannah ran some errands while I was at the meeting. Afterward, we took Savannah to our dear friends' house and then headed out for our dinner (or late lunch) and a movie date. Normally we just take Savannah with us when we go out, so it was kind of nice, but weird, to just be us again. Plus, I don't remember the last time we went to the movies.

On Saturday night we attended our ward's "Rock Band" activity, in which Todd and a few other friends (including one of our little friends acting as security, and doubling as a backup dancer), performed an amazing rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Sunday we went to Church, and we were able to sing with the choir, "How Great the Wisdom and the Love." After church we got dinner ready for the sisters. We made "Girlicotti." It is a version of manicotti, but made out of lasagna noodles, instead of the traditional manicotti noodles. So, Todd named them girlicotti. I also made a red velvet/brownie/cream cheese filling trifle for dessert! We were very grateful to have the sister missionaries in our home. They bring such a feeling of peace and love and always share a wonderful message!

On Monday, a friend and I took lunch (pizza, of course) to our husbands at work. Then in the afternoon while Savannah slept, I prepared for our special Valentine's Dinner. I made crock-pot mushroom pork, lemon risotto, mushroom bisque w/ homemade croutons, and cauliflower w/ cheese. We had red velvet cupcakes for dessert. About 3 o'clock in the afternoon I got a knock at the door, and these were waiting for me in a box:



Tuplips are my favorite flower. I got Todd a picture of the Satchel Paige Memorial Stadium that I had taken, and I wrote him a story: The Parable of the Baseball Player. That sounds a lot more lame than it was.

Savannah has been extra clingy lately. I think she is getting into the "stranger-danger & I-prefer-mommy" stage. She was pretty solemn when we picked her up from our friends' house on Saturday, but then instantly was her old happy-screamy self. It is nice to know that she does in fact know and love us! She is definitely going through a mommy's girl stage, and doesn't like to be left alone. But that's okay, since I don't like being alone either. She turned 7 months this week, and also tried and liked a new food - parsnips. No teeth or forward crawling yet, but she gets herself stuck in all kinds of places from scooting backwards.



Go to the board!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness. I love that last picture of her. She is so stinkin' adorable. We sure miss you guys and don't worry, we didn't forget to send you a Valentine. I just haven't sent them yet. Sorry. Happy Belated Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts