Our First Night at the New K

Brookie occasionally picks up side jobs at work. She's recently signed up to work a few track meets, which will mean a few extra bucks for us. Yesterday should have been the first meet, but it was canceled due to weather.

When she told me it was canceled I joked, "Great. Now we can go to the Royals game tonight." I assumed she would know I was joking because the weather was bad and although it was supposed to stop raining, it was still going to be very cold. But she sounded like she was up for it. So we started to plan our first trip to the newly renovated Kauffman Stadium.

Brookie left work a little early and when she got home, I 'left' early too. Mondays are busy days for us every week, so trying to get everything done in time for a Royals game on top of our normal routine made our schedule even tighter. We went to the new Hy-Vee (which is AWESOME) and picked up most of our groceries. Brookie dropped me off at home on her way to ALDI to finish the shopping so that I could start our soup for dinner. When the soup was done, we ran to the gym. After the gym, we went home, changed, and packed up our food for dinner.

One of the best parts about going to Kauffman is their policy to allow outside food. We brought some soup, Italian bread, salad and salad dressing, and a few snacks. It saved us a lot of money, and a whole heckuvalotta calories. Packing in our own food was smart. But it wasn't the smartest thing we brought last night.

Like I mentioned, the weather was not really conducive to watching a baseball game. It was at most 40°, and probably even colder. Of course, we packed two blankets a piece. We both had two pairs of pants on, along with multiple layers of shirts, hoodies, and coats up top. We were also happy to be able to use our Royals sock-caps (a game-day giveaway from last season). But the true genius of our cold-weather preparation was Brookie's inspiration to take our hot water bottles. Thanks to that little amenity, we were able to stay relatively warm all night.

This mid-week post is already longer than I intended, so I'll just say that we had a great time, and the stadium is beautiful. Below are some pictures and some video so you can check it out for yourselves. Click on the panorama I made to see it in a new window and be able to zoom in (once there you should be able to right click for the controls; and if it's a little fuzzy, give it a second to load up).















Comments

  1. Wow! It really looks great. I hope you were warm enough. Your blog reminded me that I still haven't sent back Brookie's coat. Sorry Brookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That panorama is awesome, how did you take/make it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts