Trip to Rexburg, Idaho

Recently our family took a little excursion up to Rexburg, Idaho. I hadn't been there in a really long time. And I hadn't ever been to BYU-Idaho campus, at least that I can remember. Todd was doing a career fair and some recruiting for work, and the rest of us tagged along. I cannot tell you how excited Savannah was. We talked about this little trip for days before. Part of the reason why she was so excited was because of cousin Anne. She loves Anne! The day we left, Todd worked half of the day. I took the kids up to my Grammie's in Ogden to visit for the morning before Todd rode the train to the Roy station and then continuing our journey to Idaho. But before we even got to my Grammie's I made a stop at the Social Security office in Salt Lake. I tried to get up there early in the morning, thinking that it wouldn't be too long of a wait. I was wrong. We waited for over an hour. We were there to get Jackson's social security card since we had just gotten his birth certificate in the mail.

(Funny side story...when Jackson's social security card came in the mail, Savannah said, "Yeah! Now we can get our taxes done!" She was excited to get our taxes done so that we can get a Thanksgiving Point membership after our rebate).

Anyway, it was a great time with my Grammie for a few hours. She is one amazing lady and I want to be just like her!

Then we continued on our way to Rexburg. Jackson slept. Savannah rested; I think she was too excited to sleep. We went right to my cousin Chalice's house and Anne and Savannah started playing. We enjoyed a few hours with them before going to the hotel. Savannah didn't sleep well that evening, because this time she was too excited to go swimming the next day.

The next day I took the kids swimming at the hotel before we went over to Chalice's house for the rest of the day. It was so mild so we walked around BYUI campus that day. Todd worked through the evening, and then we went back to the hotel. The next morning we got ready for day, and then went back to Chalice's so all the kids could play some more. That afternoon Todd was done with his stuff early, and we all went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Saturday morning we went bowling and then headed back home.

On our way home, Savannah was sad to leave! It was a great little trip! Todd's favorite part? Eating at the taco bus.

Comments

Popular Posts