Being Rich in Contentment

In the last General Conference, Elder David A. Bednar gave a talk about tithing. There was one part of his talk that I missed when we were listening to it. It is a great teaching about gratitude, which I thought would be good to share this time of year. He taught, "For example, a subtle but significant blessing we receive [from paying tithing] is the spiritual gift of gratitude that enables our appreciation for what we have to constrain desires for what we want. A grateful person is rich in contentment. An ungrateful person suffers in the poverty of endless discontentment." wow.

Luke 12:15, "...for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth."

Today I am grateful for trials and lessons that can only be learned through exprience. They make us stronger. Doing hard things help us to draw nearer to God, and help us be more committed to following Him. I am most thankful for those things in my life that don't change: the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Atonement, God's plan for His family, the truthfulness of the scriptures, that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me, and that I have been given the gift of family.

This month we have been talking all about being thankful...I will post more about it next week as we get closer to Thanksgiving...Savannah has been thankful for some pretty fun things!

Comments

Popular Posts