Savannah's Big Bed

I love how kind our Heavenly Father is. He has blessed us with the most darling girl. We are so blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love how we can go to church and learn about His vision for us as earthly parents of one of His valiant daughters. What an opportunity we have each day.

This week Savannah got a big bed. I started looking online with little luck. We had been thinking of getting a twin, just so she wouldn't have to switch again, but then I started adding up costs with a twin: the bed, the mattress(es), new sheets, new bedding...and well, since I am a stay at home mom, we are pretty budget-conscious...so a toddler sized bed looked pretty good. Especially when I saw one at the thrift store for only $9.99. It would need to be painted and have a little repair work, but other than that, it was all set to go, and we already have a mattress and bedding. Savannah was so excited. And I was just excited that it fit in the XB.

So, while Todd was on his first scout campout, as a young men's advisor, we got the bed home. Later that day we all went to find some pink paint, as requested. The next week we got it all fixed up and painted, and Savannah enjoyed helping to paint too.

We brought it up to her room, took down the crib (...don't forget...we are looking for a birthmother and now we have the crib available!), and made the bed. She was ecstatic. That night Todd took her into her room and sang the same Portuguese song he has sung for the past three years. I stood by the door just peeking in to watch. And I saw him kneel by his little daughter and help her say a little prayer by the side of her own bed. Priceless. I felt so happy.

We had been practicing for a big bed, and going over some ground rules. So the next morning we went to get her and she was just lying there, obviously smitten with her bed. She was radiant.

Funny thing...how little kids get so excited for even small things. It helps me to remember to "rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks" (D&C 98:1).

This week Savannah showed me personal application of Alma 37:37: "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

 

Comments

  1. What a pretty bed Savannah! I love the color! We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts