Update: Lesson Learned

Update from the bedtime drama involving a little girl and her special blanket. She woke up crying for it the next morning, but not nearly as loudly as she did the night before. At bedtime the following night, we said our family prayer, and she was in a really silly mood. I stood up and asked if she was ready for bed. She was kind of laying down again like before, so I asked her if she would like to sleep with her special blanket. What happened next was not what I expected.

She stood up. Actually, she leapt to her feet. At that point we knew she remembered the lesson she had learned. I figured she would just walk over to me so I could hoist her onto her blanket. But she proceeded to climb onto the bed faster than I've ever seen her do before. And then she laid herself down on the blanket we wrap her in. She was so excited to sleep with her special blanket. After putting her in her crib we heard some giggles coming from her room. Very happy camper… and more proof that this Love and Logic parenting stuff is legit.

The same thing happened tonight. After prayers I got into position and declared that I was ready. Without hesitation, she climbed up onto the bed and laid down on the blanket. Makes us feel a little like Nanny McPhee. "Lesson learned."

Comments

Popular Posts