Happy Birthday to me

On Friday the birthday celebrations began when our friends took me to Zona Rosa for some window shopping and lunch. Of course we couldn't leave without getting some frozen yogurt. Thanks girls!

Friday night, Todd, Savannah, and I ate at Sunset Grill in Overland Park. Todd got the Guacamole Burger w/ Fries and I got the Paradise Chicken Sandwich (yum!) which came with a salad...of course. He had also planned on us going to the 1st Annual Midwest Hot Air Balloon Fest, but Savannah had started to get fussy. Funny how your priorities change. That's okay, I still got to see about 6 hot air balloons up in the air. I love hot air balloons. As a kid my mom would always take me to the Provo Freedom Fest Balloons during their 4th of July celebration. Ever since then, seeing hot air balloons makes me happy!

On Saturday morning, (after eating the homemade McGriddle sandwiches for breakfast) Savannah and I went to the Stake YW volleyball tournament for a bit. The girls even sang to me and treated me to a birthday cupcake!

Later that morning, Todd and I went to the Farmer's Market...if you haven't been, please go! It is the best place for produce, baked goods, pita bread, kansas city culture, etc. We love it! If you want someone to go with, let us know!



This visit to the farmer's market we came home with a baguette from Bloom, salsa mixes, some cherry tomatoes, and the world's best birthday carrot cake cupcake. See...



Sorry, I thought to take a picture of it after I had devoured it.

After the farmer's market, Todd had another surprise. We went to Apple Fest at Deanna Rose Farmstead. Note to self...much more farm than apple fest. Okay, we didn't really know why it was called the apple fest. Anyway, I was very surprised that he took us there since Todd is not a fan of really any animal. And not that I am a huge animal-lover myself, but I had wanted to go there. I think it will be a great outing in the future w/ Savannah. Definitely worth the trip, especially on a weekday when there is free admission.





After the farm, we hit Chick-Fil-A for lunch on the way home.

Another wonderful surprise, Todd make me "Brookies." They are brownies, wrapped in sugar cookies. Yum! I was very impressed!


The best surprise of the day was a beautiful new temple dress Todd & Savannah got me for this coming weekend! It was a great birthday...And I was so grateful to have it to share with friends & my little family!


Go to the board!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday!! I am glad that Todd made it special for you....and that you got a new temple dress for this weekend (especially considering our conversation on Friday!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Brooke. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Brookie!! I'm glad it was a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow she is getting so fat! Excuse me...filled out? Can't wait to snuggle her in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts