Recipe: Sloppy Buffaloes

While we were in Phoenix we ate at the Fox Sports Grill. I ordered a Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, which was really good. It was a grilled chicken breast smothered in Buffalo hot sauce (is that redundant?) with melted mozzarella and some blue cheese dressing on the side. Mmmmmm.

That meal reminded me of the grilled hot wings my friend John used to make for us on BYU football game days. So we requested that meal when we were in Thatcher later that week.

Skip ahead a few days to when Brookie and I are making out our menu for the week. Brookie makes a suggestion to have Sloppy Joes, which I think sounds good. But then she asks if I would like to buy the Manwich Sloppy Joe mix-in-a-can, or make it from scratch. That made me think about how I would go about making it from scratch, and while I was thinking, I had this inspiration (It's more of a concept than an actual recipe, I guess):

Sloppy Buffaloes

  • 3 cups of shredded chicken (about 3 breasts)

  • Your favorite hot wing sauce

  • Sliced cucumbers

  • Blue Cheese Dressing (or Ranch, if you'd rather)

  • Hamburger Buns


Cook the chicken any way you'd like. You could boil it, but the fat and other floaties in the water always give me the heebie jeebies. I used the George Foreman grill and seasoned my chicken with some seasoning salt and garlic powder. Once the chicken is cooked, shred it, and put it in skillet with your hot sauce and let it warm through over medium heat for a few minutes.

Build your Sloppy Buffaloes by throwing some of the chicken onto a bun (may I suggested a light toasting first?), followed by 4-5 thinly sliced cucumbers, and then your Blue Cheese Dressing.

We really liked how these turned out. They were really easy and they tasted great. My mouth is watering right now...


Go to the board!

Comments

  1. THANK YOU! Ben has been requesting hot wings lately and I just didn't quite feel like making them. This sounds much better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts