What We Did This Weekend:
Smoothies and Prophetic Wisdom

Weekends like this make me proud to have worked at Zuka Juice (which changed its name to Jamba Juice while I was on my mission) in high school. Those were the days, eh? Zukas were the hottest thing around. There was a line out the door just about every night. It was so popular that having one Zuka Juice a couple of blocks south of the high school wasn't enough, so they built a second one a few blocks north as well. Slurping one in chemistry class after lunch was the ultimate status symbol. All the cool kids had them. Excuse me. All the cool, rich kids had them. Most of the normal cool kids couldn't afford to have one every day. And the cool, cheap kids, like me, got a job there for the 50% discount, and the occasional freebie after work.

While my memory isn't exactly photographic, it's pretty good. And, over the space of two years I made enough Zukas to remember the "recipes" for just about all of them. Consequently, I'd put my smoothie making ability up against just about anyone's (and I know there are people out there willing to witness to that on my behalf). This hidden talent, if you want to call it that, was put to good use this weekend after Brookie went through with her scheduled wisdom tooth extraction.

She had scheduled the surgery for last Friday because of General Conference over the weekend. That meant that she wouldn't need to prepare anything for the Young Women for Sunday, and we could basically just sit at home at watch the Conference on the internet while she recovered.

Brookie, I must say, is a trooper. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being someone who enjoys trips to the dentist, and 10 being someone who would rather endure an anesthetic-free toe amputation than open their mouth a little wider so the dentist can more closely examine their number-two molars, Brookie is probably an 8. Maybe a 9. She even toyed with the idea of canceling her appointment as the time neared. But, she did it, and everything went really well. Her bleeding stopped about 90 minutes after the procedure, she didn't really swell very noticeably, and only took one narcotic pain killing pill immediately following the surgery at the doctors orders. Other than that, it was a steady diet of ibuprofen, ice packs, yogurt, cottage cheese, pudding, and, of course, smoothies for Brookie this weekend.

Of course, thanks to General Conference, we had plenty to do. As usual, the talks were awesome and the Prophetic wisdom we gained over the weekend more than compensated for the wisdom (tooth) Brookie gave up on Friday.

And that's what we did this weekend! Sorry, but Brookie said no pictures...



Go to the board!

Comments

  1. They are just about to open a Jamba Juice at UVU, I walk by it every day. Now when I walk by it I will think about Todd and Brookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad her surgery went well. Those silly dentists. I'd much rather have my toe amputated than set foot in a dental office.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts