Adoption Update:
New Us = New Collage

At the suggestion of our adoption agent, we've created a new and improved adoption collage. Our first collage was pretty good. At the time, I thought it was brillant (you know, because (a) I'm conceited like that, and (b) it was pretty good).


Then two things happened. First, a colleague of mine had a tremendous idea for her own adoption collage and hired me to bring her vision to reality. Ever since I created that collage, Brookie and I have been jealous that we hadn't thought of the idea first and used it for ourselves.*

*And on a very happy side note, our friends were just blessed with a brand new baby boy last week. Their case worker called last Tuesday night and they took the baby home Wednesday morning. So yeah. It could literally happen at any time. Congratulations to them! I'm super happy that my collage played a tiny part in their story.


And, second, all of the pictures we used in the first collage were either five years old, or we were fat pleasantly plump.

We're much more excited about our second adoption collage. This one was created by hand (the previous version was done in Photoshop), and I don't think it looks as great on-screen as it does in real life, so hopefully you get the idea. There are tons of nuggets about us on every "shelf" of our new collage. Click on the pictures below for the hi-res versions and you'll be able to pick out some details, like significant book titles and such. Hope you like it. Actually, what we really hope is that someone out there thinking about adoption likes it.

Front and back:


Comments

  1. I love it! I think it's much more representative of the two of you and your personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Good for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart this, because I always do. Also, Brookie likes old cars? Very cool. And! I've never seen scriptures will the name engraved on the spine. Super cool. Love it, love it. Little Nelson says hi and thanks for making our collage. Loves to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts