Random Thoughts and Occurrences

This is a post about some random thoughts and recent occurrences. I just can't think of enough to say about each one to make it its own post:

1. Gym Membership! Yes, we bought memberships to Bally Gym, and there was buyer's remorse immediately following! We tried the gym (2 minutes from our house, mind you!) for two weeks for free, and we both decided that we enjoyed it enough to sign the contract. They have an indoor pool for me, and weights/bike/etc. for Todd. It's been great to be back in the water! But all the negative consequences of swimming are occurring: seriously dry skin, the continual chlorine smell, and clogged ears. But how I love the water! It is the only exercise that I can do for an extended amount of time each day that doesn't give me cramps or body pains. Yes, the Bally Gym by our house is a little ghetto, but convenience, convenience, convenience is the key. We go when I get home from work at 4:30 and get back around 5:30, when most people are just getting home from work!

2. Cleaning the basement. Our basement is gross (I guess most Midwest basements are). It is slightly damp and kind of smells, plus there are a ton of bugs. But we have been working to keep it nice. Last Spring, we had a small flood and it ruined several of our boxes (and some of Todd's art work). As a result, mold started to form. This last weekend we finally upgraded to plastic totes for all of our stuff, in preparation of this coming Spring. It was a dirty job, but we had to do it. We have yet to go up to the attic...SCARY!

3. FYI: Todd packs the best lunches in the world. It is so nice to have him work at home.

4. Last night we watched Three Men and a Little Baby. I love that movie; I almost died laughing at the part when they are trying to change her diaper! Todd wasn't as excited about the movie as I was, but he made me watch Rocky (just kidding, I liked Rocky).

5. Since I work in Kansas, it is appropriate that I mention that Kansas became a state today (Jan 29th) 147 years ago. Just in case you wanted to know, Missouri became a state 187 years ago!

Well, that about does it for my random thoughts for now! Here's a pic of us!

Comments

  1. I really liked this post, Brooke! It's good to hear what's going on with you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts