Summer's Gone... Bring on the Fall


I think my last post kind of sucked all of my desire to post to this blog. After all, did you see how long that post was? But, we really need to keep this up to date a little better. My baseball blog (27up27out.blogspot.com) has done okay; except for the month of July. But hey, we were on vacation.

It's hard to believe how fast the summer went by. We had a great time this summer in Kansas City. Our friends the Zimmermann's came out to visit us for a weekend and took in three baseball games while they were here. We made it to two of those three. We also took them north to Adam-Ondi-Ahman, Far West, and Hahn's Mill.

We also had a good time with my family this summer. My little brother Marc had a baseball tournament in Lincoln, NE in June, so Brooke and I took a week off to go up there with them and watch some baseball. Then, just a few weeks later, we flew back to Salt Lake for Cameron's homecoming. We were in Salt Lake for about two weeks. So, I wasn't kidding... We really were on vacation for most of July.

But, now that fall is knocking on our door, we are excited to wear jeans and jackets again. The 50 degree lows in the forecast are looking quite nice after the super-hot summer we have had. Our central air conditioner really needs the break. I'll be playing some slow-pitch softball with about a dozen guys from the ward. And, there's always BYU football and the pre-game BBQs at the Baumans', place. And a week from today, our friends Ben and Christina Miller will be arriving to spend the night before we head out to Tulsa, OK. We got ourselves some tickets to the Tulsa vs. BYU football game next weekend. We're pretty excited.

Other than that, everything is pretty normal. Our furniture arrived from IKEA last week, we celebrated my birthday this week, and I'm planning Brooke's birthday celebration for the week of the 18th.

Stay tuned. Hopefully we'll have some great pictures to post in the near future. Tchau.

Comments

  1. Hurray for bringing on the Fall! Glad that ya'll posted again! We miss you and hope that we can come out and visit you. Our house is buzzing with excitment for the new BYU football season. Today my dad changed the cable package so they could get all the games. Go Cougs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts