Matching and Memorial Day

Jackson and Todd got some matching ties from Jackie's birthday, so they were them to church recently. That same Sunday, I chose to wear a yellow shirt and purple sweater, and Savannah decided that she wanted to match with me too. So she came out wearing the same. Though, I had a different skirt on, and she had on a jean skirt. She asked me to change into my jean skirt, and of course I obliged...it won't be much longer that she will think it is cool to match me!

We have a really cool place where we live: Tracy Aviary. It is basically a bird zoo, but is much cooler than it sounds. They have all kinds of different birds: owls, a condor, flamingos, hawks, peacocks, tons of different kinds! We had a great time visiting the Aviary on Memorial Day. We went to their bird show, and Savannah raised her hand to help when they asked for volunteers, which is surprising, because she is pretty afraid of animals usually. Along with a few other kids, the trainer put some food in her hand, and then some birds came out. We thought she would run away crying (as usually happens with dogs and cats sometimes), but she did good! She sat there for a second, and then dropped the food on the grass. Way to go, Savannah! 






Comments

Popular Posts