October Fun

Lots of fun in October! The weather here was great and we really enjoyed being outdoors, Jackie especially. We introduced rice cereal to Jackie, and he is getting better at understanding the whole swallowing thing. We participated in the annual adoption walk downtown. We took a couple visits up to Bridal Veil Falls. I love going there. It is so nostalgic for me because when I was a little girl (even before we moved to Indiana), my mom would take me to Bridal Veil Falls. While we were up there, Savannah decided to take her "dog" for a walk. We also enjoyed Wheeler Farm, doing hair, and making box trains. And of course, Halloween! Halloween night we had a "scary dinner," which by the way was more lame than fun. We made mummies (we, as in I. I was excited to have Savannah help because I knew she would like to wrap the hot dogs in the biscuit dough...but a major meltdown prevented that). Later, one of the "mummies" took a little swim as he slid off the cookie sheet into a pot of water in the sink. Nice. The "ghosts" were made out of mashed potatoes, but I wasn't sure exactly what happened, because they tasted kind of ghastly. And then seaweed, of course. It was supposed to be green bean monster fingers, but I cooked the wrong kind of green beans, so it was seaweed. So there you go, not a great meal, but luckily my kids love me and don't care if their mummies went for a little swim! Cowabunga!










Comments

Popular Posts