Motherhood and Teaching Opportunities

I am so thankful for my church. We have been given so many amazing resources to help us in our responsibilities at home or at church (or wherever really). I am so uplifted when I study God's words given to us through living Prophets.

We have a really great resource called, "Teaching, No Greater Call," which instructs us on how to be effective teachers both at home and at church (though I would imagine the principles can be applied to almost any teaching situation). I have been studying this as I have been seeking to rise up to the duty I have as my daughter's most important teacher. From this manual, I recently learned the following insight. I recorded it in my journal, then thought I would include here for your enjoyment. I changed some of it to fit directly to me: "I learned that I 'do not need to have all the answers or hold [my children] spell bound by [my] presentation; these are not requirement to be an effective [mother]. Instead, [I] need to be humble, diligent, prayerful, and anxious to have [my children learn and contribute]. As [I] go forward in this spirit, The Lord will enable [me] to turn [my] worry about [my] inadequacies into reliance on Him. He will magnify [my] efforts, give [me] peace, and prompt [my children] to enrich [family] discussions. The Lord grants us a special measure of inspiration when we gather to study [and teach] the gospel.' I am so thankful for this uplifting message for me as a mother. The Spirit will guide us and teach us what we need to know in order to best help the children God has placed to our care." 

I am looking forward to General Conference coming soon!  

Comments

Popular Posts