September's Celebrations

September is always a busy month for R family. Part of the purpose of this blog is to document our own personal family history...so sorry if this is a long blog.

September fun always begins with Labor Day celebrations. This year we visited beautiful Parkville, MO (I would definitely live there), Ft. Leavenworth, KS, and Atchison, KS. Imma came with us on Labor Day to visit Ft. Leavenworth and Atchison. The highlight of the day was a free mini train ride. The ride lasted about 5 minutes, but it was great fun! And for some unknown reason, we didn't take any pictures. Arg! In Atchison, you could also go inside some of the old trains. Savannah thought it was fun to sit in the conductor's chair on the train.

Todd's birthday was the day after labor day. It was a pretty quiet day for him, which I think he enjoyed. I made some zucchini bread for him to share with seminary students. Then we went and met him for lunch at work. After work, we took him to The Dish Famous Stuffed Pizza in Liberty, MO. We also checked out the best Savers ever. (We went back to that Savers this weekend and found some super great deals!). Then we went home, opened presents, and ate his "cake." He requested a chocolate pie of some sort. So I made THIS amazing chocolate pretzel pie, and we all enjoyed it! For some reason, we weren't very good at taking pictures of birthdays this year...

September 13th was Court Day: The day we went to court to have Savannah become a legal part of our family. We celebrated by carrying on our tradition of going to The Olive Garden for lunch.



September 18th was my birthday. Some of my dearest friends treated me to a picnic lunch in the park, complete with McAlister's Deli deliciousness, homemade cake, themed presents, and adorable decorations. It made my day so very special. That evening Todd took me to Cheddars in Independence for dinner, and we highly recommend it! It is very affordable, yummy, and the servings are very generous. I guess that's why it's always busy. After dinner, some friends came over to help us eat the Out-Of-This-World cheesecake my sweetie made for me. It was a brownie crust, a cheesecake middle, and a chocolate ganache poured over the whole thing, then topped with a layer of cherry pie filling. Oh so good!


September 25th we recognized the day that Savannah became a part of our eternal family - the day she was sealed to us. We celebrated by attending the temple in Washington D.C....


I think I will make that trip a separate post.

Here's two cute pictures:



Comments

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...

Popular Posts