September Celebrations

September 4 - Todd's Birthday
This year for Todd's birthday we went to a Royals game, went out to eat at Waldo Pizza, went to Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead, and on his birthday I made a sour cream chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze, by way of request.

Here she is at the Royals Game, just before the major downpour, enjoying her hot dog.




Happy Birthday, Todd!


September 13 - Court Date
One year ago, on September 13, we were able to became legal. Here is a reminder of this awkward, but happy picture.


After court, we went to the Olive Garden for lunch to celebrate. So that's what we did this year too. This year my Grandma and Aunt were in town, so they got to join in on the celebration!



September 18 - Brooke's Birthday
This year for my birthday Todd took me to a restaurant in Westport called Cupinis, and we loved it! I got the Cannelloni, and Todd got the Mostaccioli with Italian Sausage. They both came with a pink sauce. They make all their own pasta...Yum! Hopefully a return visit coming soon! Todd got me a pair of hand weights, an Alex Boye iTunes soundtrack, and a new shirt. For dinner, he made me chimichangas (basically, fried burritos, if you haven't had them before, and oh so good). He also made me a pumpkin cheesecake.


September 25 - Sealing Date
One year ago (Sunday) we had the blessing to be joined with our family and friends in the St. Louis temple, as we were sealed an eternal family.


When we went to the temple this month we took an almost-one-year-later picture. Funny story: after Todd's session, I wanted us to get a family picture outside the temple. It was pouring rain, so he was already skeptical. We decided just to pull up to the front and hope that someone could snap a photo of us. As we drove up though, Todd kind of hit the curb and also honked the horn, which only added to the embarrassment. He had been talking to a man and his wife in the lobby before he had come to get me, and they were still there. I peeked my head in and asked if they would mind taking a picture of us, and being the proud Mommy I am, I explained why. He took the picture, and when we got back in the car, I asked, "Do you know who that was?" "No." "That was the Temple President and his wife."


A fun, exciting month!
Go to the board!

Comments

Popular Posts